Boiler Remote Monitoring & Alarm Notification
Boiler Feed Water Systems
SHADOW converts a simple ON-OFF Feed Water System to a smoother Operating and more sophisticated electric solid state MODULATING SYSTEM for your steam boiler.
SHADOW converts old-fashioned mechanical modulating systems to today’s modern solid state reliability, accuracy and dependability.
SHADOW’S Modulating Feed Water System provides just the right amount of water to the boiler at just the right time!
SHADOW installation is simple. No piping changes, existing water columns are adequate!
CAPACITANCE SIGNAL GENERATORS’ output is used to control the valves position that maintains a stable water level in the vessel.
- Smooth Operation – Shadow converts a simple ON-OFF feed water system to a smoother operating and more sophisticated electric solid state modulating system for your boiler.
- Solid State – Shadow converts old-fashioned mechanical modulating systems to today’s modern solid state reliability, accuracy and dependability.
- Accurate Delivery of Water – Shadow’s modulating feed water system provides just the right amount of water to the boiler at just the right time..
- Simple Installation – Shadow installation is simple. No piping changes, existing water columns are adequate.
- Principle of Operation Output – Capacitance signal generators output is used to control the valves position that maintains a stable water level.
Shadow applications can vary from maintaining the water level in a boiler to maintaining the water level in a deaeriator or open to atmosphere tanks. The electric feed water system is today’s economic and energy savings control system for the 21st Century boiler operations. The shadow feed water system maintains a stable water level.
“Just the right amount of water at the right amount of time!”
Coil Tube Steam Generator – The Shadow maintains a constant water level.This avoids low or high water level conditions and high coil temperature shut downs. The byproduct is a much smoother burner operation.
Fire Tube Boiler – The Shadow provides a stable water line independent of load swings and causes the burner to follow the steam demand. Field test results showed a 2 ½ percent fuel savings for a Shadow System versus an on/off pump control system for the same equipment on the same loads.
Water Tubes – A universal digital controller (UDC) is added to the Shadow System. The UDC will take a 4-20 ma input from the capacitance signal generator, output will control the actuator/valve assembly. This system allows the operator to either manually or automatically operate the water level system. The water level set point can also be changed as required.
Deaerators – The Shadow can control either the condensate level or the makeup water system. Two Shadows can do both at once.
Condensate Transfer Systems – Feeding to a deaerator or vented receiver tank can be controlled by a Shadow.
Unpressurized Boiler Receiver Tanks – Pump constantly runs, saving on electricity costs, wear and tear.
24 HOUR EMERGENCY SERVICE
Remote Boiler Monitoring (DTI)
Because remote boiler monitoring systems can be added to our mobile steam rooms, we can often diagnose and resolve problems without making a service call, saving our customers time and money. Call us for you next Data Transfer Interface (DTI)